Shipping and Receiving
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
The Warehouse/Forklift Operator is responsible for the accurate receiving, storing, and shipping of products to meet company standards of safety, productivity, and quality. This includes the operation of basic forklifts in the handling and moving of products. Must be available to work scheduled hours to meet customer needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Load and unload freight in an efficient and safe manner, recording all necessary paperwork.
- Transport product to storage areas using proper equipment and efficiently stack and store product.
- Perform labeling, sorting, wrapping, packing and other miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Maintain inventory locations upon receipt of transfers/shipments
- Complete necessary paperwork for any damaged product in inventory / before shipping out.
- Operate warehouse equipment safely and efficiently while meeting productivity and quality expectations.
- Sweep and clean area, including trailers, as needed.
- Clean and Sanitize work areas per work orders.
- Clean and Sanitize Wood Pallets for production.
- Clean overhead cooling units and lights per work orders.
- Assist production during downtime.
- Receive material on weekends as needed.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write damage reports and explain issues that arise with product/equipment. Ability to speak effectively with external customers and/or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Computer Skills: Must have basic computer skills.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, actively listen, type and work on a computer all as daily tasks. Also, the employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The employee is required to lift 10-50 lbs.
Work Environment: The individual will work in a warehouse environment that may at times result in extreme temperatures to be either cold or hot. S/he may spend several hours a day sitting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.