Machine Operator (Dryer) 5P – 5A
We have the honor and responsibility of working in food - a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world. We are hiring at many of our manufacturing facilities…this is a great opportunity for those who are now available due to hours being cut at their regular job or being sent home from college temporarily.
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
The Operator is responsible to safely complete pre-operational checks on equipment, review components of raw materials and the finished product, troubleshoot and resolve any issues along the production line process. Responsibilities also include assisting in the other departments or other duties as requested by management.
This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
- Machine set up and control operation of a production dryer machine processing egg product
- Monitor and perform routine checks of systems to ensure lines are running smoothly
- Operate clean-in-place (CIP) system. Clean all other equipment as required by company.
- Check chemical concentrations to make sure that the concentration is in line to clean all equipment satisfying the requirements set by the company.
- Regularly monitor that the product conforms to quality specifications. Detects and reports or acts upon any system abnormality to reduce the risk of and damages to the system or product.
- Prepare, maintain, and thoroughly complete all quality and production documentation following Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) as requested by the company.
- Maintain cross-functional interaction with other production departments, quality & maintenance technicians and supervisors regarding any production requirements or issues that may arise.
- Will have general understanding and knowledge to troubleshoot, operate, and maintain equipment following department Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures and incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follows GMP's, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained.
- Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Ensures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, actively listen, type and work on a computer all as daily tasks. Employee is frequently required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The employee is required to lift 10-50 lbs.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment may be loud and require hearing protection. Special care must be taken when working with or around microbes and chemicals. Safety material are provided and Personal Protective Equipment should be worn where applicable (lab and production floor). Must be able to work in 80 to 100 degree temperatures.